Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Proud to be an American

With Independence day come and gone, I have reflected on why I am proud to be an American. As the blog, Tuesday Tell All says;

"I am scared that the overall attitude about this great country is changing . The little things, like not allowing the Pledge of Allegiance to be said in public schools makes me worry about the future for my children as its obvious that the values that America was founded upon are shifting."

I couldn't have said it any better. I worry about what my children and grandchildren are going to be taught about our country. I wonder why so many people are focused on Same Sex Marriage instead of immigration, or the war overseas. I personally know people who have fought in the Iraq, and seen more things then you should have to see at such a young age, and I wonder WHY....

I just wish that our values from back in the 50's, 60's and 70's still rang true. We should NOT be ashamed of GOD, Prayer, or any other higher power. We should trust in our government and feel safe.

We need to stop focusing on the mediocre stuff and start focusing on what truly is important.....

GOD BLESS THE USA

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

I could not agree more with you on this. i fear for our kids future.