A couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call from one of my cousins from up in Salt Lake, asking what we were doing for Thanksgiving. I quickly responded "Staying home" (which looking back really wasn't the case, I was actually going to La Verkin, but hey- it's not really going out of town either), tis his response was classic.... "Well, mom isn't going to be home, so can we come to your house and you can cook us Thanksgiving dinner?".
It was the funniest thing, and since I don't get to see my cousins all that much, I gladly agreed to cook for them. So, here I am- on a mission to make sure that they get a fabulous dinner, with all the trimmings that they are used to.
Well, Brandon called me last Monday and told me that he wasn't going to be making it into town until Thursday night, and asked if it would be alright if we ate a little later then normal, once again, not a big deal.... Then he mentioned that he was bringing Boston, who helps him on the road. Ok, what's one more person right?
So, on Wednesday night, I am expecting Jontae and Cody to get into town around 9:30ish, 10:00 at the latest. Gareth goes over to McGee's house to play poker, I am at home with the boys making my potatoe salad, and pumpkin pies. I get a phone call around 10:00 from Cody, saying that they are going to be late, because they stopped to eat, ok- midnight, still not bad right? WRONG...... They rolled into my driveway at 2:30AM (yeah, they ate dinner in SLC, and hadn't left town yet) LOL.
Well, when all was said and done, we had a fabulous dinner, the turkey was moist, the potatoes were smooth, the gravy to die for (thanks Jonny) and the pumpkin pies were eaten!!!!
So, to my house guests, Brandon, Boston, Cody & Jontae (let's not forget about the 2 pitbulls that were at my house also... Smash & Sox)....
Thank you for sharing the holiday with our family, and we hope to see you soon!!!!!
We Love You
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I really I would have had been able to see everyone! Busy week maybe we will have to go up there and see them! :)
Post a Comment